Sunday, February 15, 2009

SELL THIS HOUSE!

Well, we made it through our first day of showings yesterday. I sure do hope this process goes quickly. I dont know if that is a pipe dream, but our kids not getting naps all day and living under a microscope are not the greatest things. We have 2 more booked showings today, with the possibility of more. Brian is pretty convinced we'll get offers this weekend, me, not so much. I just can't imagine it in this market. Maybe I am the eternal pessimist. I dont know. Oh well.
Yesterday, Brian and I picked our cabinetry and countertops for the kitchen and all the bathrooms. I am second guessing some of my choices, surprise, surprise! I think I like the bathroom selections, and I like the kitchen cabinets, but the granite, I may go and change. I dont know. I have to go pick alot of other options for the house tomorrow. Like the exterior colors, lighting, faucets, floors. All of these decisions are sooo much easier when a 2nd opinion is there. I really do make the choice, but the person, Brian in this case, just says he likes that one, and I feel good. It is probably something about me not having to take full responsibility for a bad choice. Pathetic! 
Anyway, Valentine's Day was also yesterday. This has never been a big deal to Brian. In fact, I think there were a few years there where he refused to acknowledge it totally for principal's sake. I, however, like most women, have always loved Valentine's Day. Although, I have to admit, being married to Brian, I have somewhat subdued my "celebration" of it. Like yesterday, I got the kids valentines, and Brian, and each got some treat. That was pretty much it. I made a dinner everyone likes, nothing special though, just Spaghetti and meatballs. The kids went to bed early, due to the fact that they had had no naps or quiet time, and Brian went to rent a movie. That is where the night took a turn for the worse! We Pre-Rented Nights in Rodanthe, but when he went to pick it up, the Redbox was broken. So, he headed to the other location only to find a big fat NOTHING. In order, not to return home empty handed, Brian allowed his better judgement FLY out the window. He came home with Step Brothers with Will Farrell. BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC mistake. I mean, how he even walked in with that movie, on Valentine's day, nonetheless, is beyond me. But after about 15 seconds, we turned it off. We then watched Madagascar 2. Yes, I know, how romantic. But as I said, Valentine's day has been somewhat subdued. haha
So now, here we are, Sunday morning, enjoying eggs and toast, and coffee OF COURSE, until we have to leave for Mass. At which time, we will be banned from the house for hours, while realtors bring by perspective buyers. Oh the joy. At least we have an activity planned.
The Donut Man is having a concert nearby, and we are going to that. I think the kids will enjoy it. So, that is that. 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow. You have so much going on with the house! Hang in there! Praying for you. I spent our Vday traveling so we decided to go out to eat next week...

P.s. I think Madagascar 2 is the funniest movie! We are knew to the whole kid/adult movie genre and I actually really enjoy it.