Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's day party

Well, my 6 year old, since I can remember, has ALWAYS loved planning and "setting  up" parties. Whether it is an impromptu tea party, a "daddy is home party" or pretend birthday party. Anna loves it. So when the two preschool kids (mine of course) were preparing their valentines for their preschool V-day parties, Anna was sad, and wanted to do one of her own. I realized, that with all the craziness of the last few weeks, she has felt a little bored and kind of left out. So to try and remedy that, we went so she could pick out some valentines, Barbie was the choice, she decorated, "addressed" them, and taped dum dums to them. She originally wanted to hand them out at the two homeschool co-ops we attend, but decided to stick with her cousins and siblings and parents. I told her yesterday we would have a "family" vday party today. So, I made heart shaped cupcakes, and when we came home from co-op today, we had a "party". Each invited person came...that would be me, Anna, Aidan, Madeline, Caitlin, and daddy. Everyone iced and decorated their cakes, and we had orange slices, and "pink" milk. Then, everyone told why they loved everyone else. It satisfied her need for a party, and I felt like a good mom today :)
I was pleased to find out yesterday that we get to have a parents night out tonight. The 3 older kids are going to their pizza party fun night at the preschool, and me, brian and the baby are going on a date. Believe it or not, it is a date even with the baby. (Which of course, I may not have thought so when I had fewer or no children!) So in about an hour, we are off to our night out. We may go to the Melting Pot, or Cheesecake Factory or maybe somewhere else. Still not sure. Anyway, hopefully little Cait is sleepy!!
I got a call today from the "appointment setter" and we have our first showing booked!! Yay!  It is exciting. Hopefully this will not be all that long of a process. I started my St. Joseph Novena today, without the superstitious burying of the statue though. Couldnt bring myself to do that part. But I do believe in the power of prayer, so I know God is taking care of it, with St. Joseph's intercession!!  It is our first time selling a house. I am praying for wisdom with all steps, from showings, accepting or denying offers, counter offering, buying, new house decisions, packing, sorting, tossing, etc. It is quite a process. Anyway, I am quite proud of how our house turned out. I dont know how it would have turned out without my "down to business" husband, and my fantastic SIL who staged our entire house, and her husband who did an awesome paint job for us! God knows when I need help, and I have seen him deliver!! Praise God in his good wisdom!!!!!
BTW, if I could, I would post links to other things here, blogs, interesting things I find, etc, let me know how to do it!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Cute about the parties... :-)

When you are writing a new blog there is a button that looks like the earth next to the Bold button or one of those bold, underline, etc.

Write the word/ phrase in your blog and highlight it. Then click the earth looking button and a box will pop up starting with http://.

Fill in the appropriate address and it will automatically link the word and the address.

Make sense? Let me know if it doesnt. I just learned too.