Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My eyes are bwoken...

I dont know what it is, unless I do and it is the computer, but my eyes have been killing me since yesterday. Especially my left eye. I have either 1)been on the computer WAYYY too much *check*, 2)had a SEVERE lack of sleep *check*, 3)have some major eyelash in the eye issues, or 4) all of the above. Seriously though, my eyes huuuts...as Maddie would say. Anyway, I could probably remedy that by not using the computer tonight, but really I havent been on all day, and it has hurt, or get more sleep, but lets be honest, that is not going to happen for at least a few more months.
So, the Thai Curry Chicken did not turn out as good as I had hoped. My husband pretty much hated it...It went something like this:
Me: what do you think?
Brian: I am not real hungry (moving the food around the plate) I dont think this all would fit into a mug(referring to smaller portion eating)
Me: Whatever, you hate it dont you?
Brian: No, no, it is just a lot, you gave me a lot.
Me: you are rude(this was wrong, I admit, as I have told my husband to tell me when he doesnt like something or I will make it 100 more times, where he will have to stuff it down somehow)
Maybe if I added more of this and that you would like it more...
Brian: Yeah, maybe if you totally changed the recipe, like added taste, I would like it.
Me: again...you are RUDE
Brian: laughs and knows I am not all that mad at him...after all, he can't help it if he didnt like it!!

Now, I admit, the recipe suggested cooking on HIGH for 5 hours, which I thought would be too much, but apparently, her dish came out fine, and delicious--not so with mine. It should have been more like High for 3 hours or something...DEF. not 5. Veggies were way too soft, and the dish needed more spice/curry paste, and more soy sauce, and heck more Brown sugar too. I think If I did all these things it would be good. So here's the question, do I try again? or do I let it die. Maybe I will try it again, and tell him it is something different. That is the only way I will pull it off I think.
Anyway, I will wait awhile to try it again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Chrissy!!! Yay! I am so happy that you are blogging. Your blog looks fabulous, btw. It is great to hear about how you and the family are doing. I love reading blogs. I find mine by googling or through Anna or Tara. Anna does not blog but she reads a lot and always finds great ones. You should check out some of the home design blogs since you will be decorating a new home soon! My two favorites are
http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/
http://theletteredcottage.blogspot.com/