In light of my recent find, I guess I should write something seemingly meaningful from today....
HMMMM....now I feel put on the spot for something.
Okay, here goes. Aidan woke very early this morning so we dove into his FIRST day of FIRST GRADE LEVEL reading!!!! Yay for him!!! He is such an eager learner! He loves his reading lessons, he would sit and do his math work for hours, and even asks to do multiple pages in handwriting. I am so pleased to have such an eager student. My oldest is not quite as excited. She doesn't MIND it, but certainly is not jumping out of her chair for extra math and phonics. We are continuing the slow move to the new house. While Wild Child was at preschool, we finished up homeschooling, and unpacked a few bathroom boxes, and I put away some rarely used spices. Speaking of that...should I really be filling my precious cabinet space with things I only once in a blue moon need? Anyway, back to the day. Anna wants to have a pre-move sleep over in the new house. With sleeping bags etc. I am definitely not doing it, but maybe Brian will take her and Aidan and do it. If I were a betting woman, I would bet he won't but we'll see.
Yesterday, my oldest brought me a handwritten note that said "Can I have a pet. Circle the "wan" you want me to hav...yes or no?" How funny. She, like every other 7 year old wants a dog, a cat, anything she can hold, I guess. I CLEARLY will NOT be getting a pet. I mean, our poor fish, Stick(see blog archives on that one) is lucky to have food and clean water(meaning, he doesn't get either often or on a regular basis). I have enough of God's creatures to take care of. Six in fact(including myself of course).
Although, get this, my husband, was working over at the new house, and he turned around and there were five, yes FIVE, cats in our garage. Our house is across the street from a quite lovely little farm. (our property used to be a cow grazing area actually--according to the nice farm lady I met today). She informed me to NOT feed the cats unless we wanted to keep em. She doesn't know how many there are, and that they are NOT tame. So...
In good husband news...As I ran over to the house to grab the school crate( I left it there earlier), oh, and also to grab some DELICIOUS peach cobbler from this local market that has SUCH a great bakery, my husband apparently cleaned all the dinner dishes, and had the kitchen cleaned up when I walked in. Yay for me, and yay for him. Now, I need to go eat some cobbler!!!
Oh, one more thing, I made crockpot applesauce yesterday with some lovely apples my niece brought me from picking. I took all these pictures, and then forgot to take one of it all yummy and done. Boo. Oh well, there is always next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment