OCTOBER 12th
FOR TODAY...October 12th
Outside my window... Dark and Chilly--there is even a nip in the air...just tells me winter will indeed come...and probably before I want it to.
I am thinking... about ALL the stuff I need to do before the move.
I am thankful for...the two hour nap I got today...and also for the reason I needed it...we visited with friends from college, renewing old friendships and making new ones.
I am wearing...Pajama pants, long sleeve t-shirt,
and cozy slippers
I am remembering... great times from college, and our semester in Europe.
I am going... to buy a house this week!
I am reading...Anna Karenina, but I have been on a major lag...it is just kind of dragging... I am also reading Baby Island to the kids for literature time.
I am going... to buy a house this week!
I am reading...Anna Karenina, but I have been on a major lag...it is just kind of dragging... I am also reading Baby Island to the kids for literature time.
I am hoping... To enter more deeply into prayer...starting today!
On my mind... Been thinking about getting rid of cable. We don't watch a ton of tv, but I am sure there is other stuff we could do with our time...just praying about it and throwing the idea around right now.
Thankful For...Seeing an old friend unexpectedly this weekend.
From the learning rooms... slow day today, we had dentist appointments, and we ALL needed naps. We did some poetry and math...but other than that, it was a slow one. Wild Child has preschool pictures tomorrow, trying to tame her mane so she looks pulled together. :)
Noticing that... the weather is definitely changing...my hands are getting that dried out chafed feeling...need to moisturize!!
Pondering these words...
Pondering these words...
21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
From the kitchen... Baked Macaroni and Cheese with stewed tomatoes. Tis the season of Comfort food!
Around the house... Laundry, what else! We have so many baskets of clean clothes that need to be put away...this is my challenge. I also should be PACKED! (but alas, am not packed)
23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
There was a great homily on this at Mass. We were in Front Royal VA for the weekend, and the priest there hit the nail on the head. Been thinking that now is the time to rid ourselves of all of our extra "stuff". Don't want to be tied to this world by materialism, don't want to be owned by my possessions. Lord help me to detach!
From the kitchen... Baked Macaroni and Cheese with stewed tomatoes. Tis the season of Comfort food!
Around the house... Laundry, what else! We have so many baskets of clean clothes that need to be put away...this is my challenge. I also should be PACKED! (but alas, am not packed)
One of my favorite things... warm apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream. (I said it was comfort food season...if only I had that tonight!)
From my picture journal...
From my picture journal...
If only I could share the beautiful sunset from our friend's house this weekend. It was gorgeous. And then, to wake up and see a breathtaking scene from one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in! But, I didn't take a picture of either of those....so how about this....

No comments:
Post a Comment