Outside my window...Today is an overcast kind of day. It seems like the clouds are gonna let loose at any moment, but it won't quite happen. I am seeing my little patch of garden growing bigger each day.
I am thinking...about my little Madeline, my wild child...who turns 4 tomorrow. She is a big serving of sunshine to our family. She easily brightens my day, and brings joy to my heart. She is so full of life and personality. I can't imagine how she is possibly 4 already. My mothers heart is trying to impress every detail of her smiley little 4 year old face into my mind, never to forget. Her toddler years are slipping through my fingers. If I could squeeze tight enough to hold on a little longer I would.
I am thankful for...A God in whom I can trust all aspects of my life. Even when I don't trust all too well. I know he holds me in the palm of His hand. "He knows well the plans he has for me" Jer. 29:11. He knows the tiny sadness I have at seeing my little ones grow up. He knows how happy I am to see them learn new things. He knows the daily struggles, and is there all the time.
paces for creative things. We'll have to see how it will all turn out. Maybe I should take a before picture to motivate me...hmmmm?
From the kitchen...The crockpot is bubblin' away today. Yay for the crockpot. I am making a beef roast. I will serve roasted purple(how fun is that?) cauliflower, and grilled zucchini(one from my VERY OWN garden!!). Maybe I'll broil some tomatoes too.
I am wearing...A cute green sleeveless shirt and jean shorts, which have a hole that I need to put something behind or sew up. Bare feet. A ponytail.
I am going...nowhere. It is a blissful at home kind of day.
I am reading...Kristen Lavransdatter: The Wreath. It is good so far.
I am hoping...to have my schooling schedule for the year completed within 1 week. (eek--must. get. started.)
One of my favorite things...Going to the library and picking out as many books as strike my fancy.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Celebrate my little girl's 4th Birthday.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Happy Birthday Little Girl...you bring joy to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment