Friday, May 1, 2009

What to do...

So, as an update to the seemingly never ending saga that is my life in the last few weeks...here goes.
I can't remember if I said that we were in the "market" for a short term rental or not, and quite frankly, I am WAAAYY too exhausted to click over to my last post, so I will repeat(or not) that we are currently looking for a short term rental that a)will fit my family of 6, b)will fit a houseful of stuff(furniture, clothing, toys, etc.)so that we do NOT have to pay the astronomical fees of storing with the movers, c)has an office or study area, that my hubby can work from home, d)will ACCEPT a short term lease for a price that doesn't require the selling of aforementioned children, e)in a family friendly neighborhood, f)all to be vacated, cleaned and available in 12, yes 12, days. You may be saying, "wow, that seems like a lot to ask." Well, it probably is, but it is what it is. As I like to say. We really need to find a place that meets these needs. We did not plan on having to rent a place like this. We were hoping that our new home would be ready for us in a timely fashion. But for now, it is uncertain if we will ever occupy that "dream" home that we designed. The builder will apparently be "contacting" us, the buyers, in the coming week(or so). So, here is the thing, what do we do? Do we rejoice because maybe possible said "dream house" will be built? Or do we run as fast as we can the other way, and in the meantime get to dreaming up a new dream? So, we are praying and trusting that either way, God will guide us in this decision. 
As for the rentals...we have 2 options. Both more expensive than we originally wanted to spend. One is a single home with a garage and basement, so not only would we have plenty of space to store everything, meaning we would no longer be paying for our self-storage place, but we would have enough space to store any furniture that doesn't have a spot in this temporary house. It has 4 bedrooms and a community playground right next to it. It is $75 less per month than the next place but remember, no more self storage--savings, BUT we do have to pay for trash pick up and lawn care(we do not have a mower--another story--so we either have to pay to have it cut or get a mower). The other option is a townhome in a really nice rental community. It has a pool and fitness center (with, get this, a TODDLER room with movies and such--that is awesome!!) 6 playgrounds around the area. It has only 3 bedrooms, but has a super nice family room and study in the basement. Additional storage down there too, but not enough for our other storage to come over. No dedicated parking, which can be a pain. Oh yeah, the kitchen is fantastic in this one. That is a biggie for me. But it is further away. WHAT TO DO!?!? 
I think we are realistically leaning toward the single, which is not as "nice" and doesnt have the nice ammenities. Hmmm... what would you do if it were you?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ahhh! Chrissy I feel for you... I think I might go w/ option 1- b/c you don't have to continue w/ the storage. (We just did the storage thing = yuck.) I will keep you guys in my prayers.