Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy times!

First and foremost, I need to request prayers from all you readers. My Aunt and Uncle and Cousin just lost their house to a fire last night(along with their possessions) and did not have insurance(as they are renting between homes). They really need prayers right now. 

In other crazy news, we are moving in UNDER 3 weeks. AHHH. Unfortunately, we are not packed yet, and my husband will be unavailable this weekend. (Okay, Lord, I know you have a plan here...please let me pack well!!) I also have other super crazy news. Well, our housing plan WAS to move into our new home when it was finished being built, BUT....our builder "went under" and all construction has been suspended. This was, of course, a shocker, considering we had 3.5 weeks till our house has to vacated. So, monday we were told by our realtor, that our house was not going to be built and that we QUICKLY needed to find some other thing to do. I, in true "me" style, freaked out a tad bit. It was all very overwhelming. Although, I do indeed, know that God has a good plan for us. We decided to find a rental so that we have some time to consider what we want to do long term. We are hoping to save some money over the next few months(although with 2 moves in the plan, we may not). But we really need a place that will "fit" our things so we dont have to store items. There are several options right now. We saw one place yesterday that was size-wise perfect. The paint job left ALOT to be desired. WOW! But I can deal. The other one I am going to see this morning, is also nice, (online at least) but is about 10 minutes further out than the other. The first was like 2 second from our Parish. But either way, we will still be pretty much "local" to what we are used to. And close to my one sister-in-law who we are close to now. AND, this second one is vacant right now. That is a plus too!! ANyway, I am currently asking for St. Jude to intercede. I really want to be open to God's plan. It was disappointing to find out about our "dream" house, but easy come easy go. right? I mean, in light of the sufferings of so many, it is a very small thing. 

4 comments:

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Wow... that is a lot to deal with... especially with a full house! We will be praying for you these next few weeks

Sarah said...

Still praying. You sound like you are dealing w/ all this so well. You're such a trooper!

Anna said...

Chris, I think any woman/mother would have freaked out a bit in your situation. You are normal!! If I was closer I would love to help you pack! What would we do with the 8 kids?? ;) Keep us posted on your house situation - do you try and find another builder to finish it?? Lots of prayers coming your way! Love.

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Last week of May...Maybe we can swap our moving prayers for one another... I will offer up my stress and craziness for you and you can offer up yours for me? Sound good?