Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life

Being pregnant the last 6.5 months has been normal I guess. I just wonder at some of the "side effects" of pregnancy.  I mean, frequent urination for example. What is THAT about...well, OBVIOUSLY, i know WHY it is the case, but really, what the.... As if it is not enough to have your body constantly changing and "growing" and getting fatter. It is the little things like, "honey could you get off the road again, yes, I know we just stopped 3.5 minutes ago, but I have to go again." Or even simply moving at the end of the night. You would think I was 80 and pregnant instead of 29. I had a midwife appt. yesterday and she told me i was anemic. It makes sense I guess. I have been EXTREMELY tired. She told me to eat a bowl of Total everyday because it has tons of iron. If that doesnt help, I will need to go on an iron supplement. I was on one with Aidan, but was not anemic with the other girls.
Okay, that is enough of that. 
We started the school year early this year. I wanted Anna and I to have time to "get ahead" before the baby is born. So that we can take a little time off. Or at least slower. We did everything we needed to do. Aidan sat down and did his handwriting lesson too. Maddie drew at the chalk board, while Anna did Poetry, Reading, Art, and Handwriting. I can tell I am going to need to get creative with the little ones so that they don't feel left out and so that Anna can actually get more done. We will be starting a weekly co-op in mid-September, and a bi-weekly one as well. I am concerned it will be too much for us, but since this K/1st year should be somewhat simple, we are going to try it. 
In other news, we are doing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. We have put ourselves on a strict budget, which, when you really haven't lived on a budget before, is somewhat difficult. But discipline is a great quality to learn. It is interesting and pretty much appalling when I see how much money we spend with seemingly little to show for it. We hope to have all our debt paid off within a year. I think it is doable. We just need to stay focused. I also need to get creative for Christmas this year. I want to make Christmas special without spending too much. (yes, i know CHristmas is special no matter what you spend, but still).  I will be praying about that one. Hopefully we can come up with some good ideas.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! I am so happy you have a blog! I am about to go to Financial Peace Univeristy through the church here. Very excited about that... we have total money makeover and it has been informative.

Tara said...

p.s. I need more Chrissy in my life!