Monday, July 21, 2008

Maddie turns 2!

Today we celebrate the birth of my 3rd born. My beautiful spunky, independent, daughter, Madeline Clare McCarthy turns 2! I make a habit of decorating the kid's doors with signs, streamers, or balloons on the night before their birthday. I really didnt think Maddie would think much of it, but as she came from her room this morning, she gasped and in a high pitched voice said "OOOOOHHH!" It was cute. She immediately stated that the balloons were "mine" and stripped them from the door to carry them around. I told her she was a birthday girl, and she said, " 'gain" (her party was yesterday). I said yes, today is your real birthday, and she asked, "cake" These things don't escape our Maddie, when she hears birthday, she hears cake! 
The big kids had Vacation Bible school today and so I took Madeline to the library for some mom and me time. She had  a ball, but was tuckered out by 11 and fell asleep in the car on the way to the grocery. We had a special treat of chicken nuggets for lunch and if there is time after naps, I will treat her to some ice cream, or something like that. 


No comments: