Monday, February 18, 2013

My OWN Zucchini Banana Bread!

This is a big step ladies and gents! I love baking. I often bake to make my family(and my stomach) happy! However, I am always looking for ways to make things slightly more healthy! I make a scrumptious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread(which i may post later) that is so decadent it is like a dessert. I have also made a yummy Zucchini Banana bread that was great, but I couldn't find that recipe over the weekend. SOOO, I took a look at some recipes in my binder (you know, that catch-all place that all my "favorites" land with all sorts of notes and changes in the margins), and I came up with this recipe. We were having my brother in law, and his lovely wife and two adorable kiddos over for dinner for a hearty beef stew. We are trying to eat healthier, so I didn't want to serve a "dessert" per se, so I thought I'd make whole wheat zucchini banana bread. (I made this again and it came out so moist and delicious, that I can't wait to wake up for coffee and a slice(or 10) of this. )

After I served it, it was described by my husband in this way: "When we move to a small farm(a dream of ours) we will set up a produce/bake stand, and you will sell this."
Well, if that is not a good review, I don't know what is. Here is the recipe for all those who may want it.
Go check out my "notes" below, too.
A few notes: 

If your bananas are super duper ripe, which usually means you can count on a bit more sweetness, I would tend to leave out a bit of the sweetening. I tend to just stick with the honey. If you like things a bit sweeter, go on and add that 1/2 cup of sugar with the honey...or up the amount of honey. I am sure you could use other sweetening agents as well. Also, if you have never used coconut oil before, it is usually solid at room temperature(see picture to the left). I just mic it a couple of seconds to melt it(no, i didn't nuke the metal measuring cup, I have bad memories of microwaving a pop tart in its foil wrapper...i digress). It gets incorporated better that way. Okay, I hope you try it. And more importantly, I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super excited to try this! You always have such awesome breads!!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to try out this recipe. You always have such delicious breads. =)