Wednesday, March 4, 2009

mmmm...Ribs

Well, i have snuck a few tastes of the crockpot ribs, okay, maybe it was an entire rib. I ended up using boneless, because they were on sale, and MMMM. they are yummy. is anyone else having a problem with my lack of capitalization? Well now. Anyway, I turned the crockpot to warm about 3 hours early. They are clearly done now. my crockpot cooks faster than normal I think. I am going to have problems staying away from them. I hope they dont dry out before dinner. I also think I will put out some BBQ sauce with them, even though they taste great without it. Okay, can anyone tell I am hungry? Is anyone there...hahaha...that is really the question.
Sooo...I decided to get The Love Dare on my Kindle. My dad got me that for Christmas, and it only came last week. It is pretty cool. The Love Dare is my first Kindle book. I have to keep my journal seperately. There is a space for it in the book, but because it is digital, you cant use that part. Anyway, it doesnt matter. It is pretty neat. I am going to get a book that both my husband and I will both read...I think Angela's Ashes actually. That will be the hardest thing for me about the Kindle...not getting my books for free from the library. BUT, the fact that I can get it in an instant is pretty cool. Anyway, back to The Love Dare. It is great so far. I really appreciate the challenges, or "dares". It has been somewhat hard, because baby doesnt like to sleep at night, but it seems as though God is providing the grace I need day to day. (Let's not talk about yesterday though...eeek). Wow, very random today!!
My brain must not be in "blog" mode.
I also decided to do Women of Grace again this Lent. I am looking forward to it. I am hoping to go into the study without expectations since I have done it before. I hope I can see things with a fresh take. Several family members and friends are also doing it with me, most for the first time. I hope they like it and get alot out of it too.
Oky Doky. That is about all...oh wait...no it isnt. I have a great friend and also a SIL (2 diff. people)who have been trying to sell their houses, one who has had it on the market for a loooonnng time. Please say a prayer that they can both sell soon!! thanks Peace.

2 comments:

Modern Catholic Mom said...

So I have been going back and forth about the whole Love Dare thing so I am happy to hear you say its good. Also, I did the Women of Grace twice too and it was pretty cool. The first time I did it we went into way more depth than the second so I was happy I had the opportunity to go through it a second time and even find things I missed the first. I am intrigued by this Kindle thing..... We are going to miss you and Christin this weekend ..... :(

Sarah said...

Let me know how the ribs go over w/ the fam. I have made the salsa chicken but not the black bean soup. The chicken is now a family favorite. We put it w/ rice in tortillas. Yummy. I second Tara-- this weekend won't be the same w/o you girls....